Telehealth Gigs are currently seeking candidates for their open Adjunctive Therapist-PRN position in Akron, OH through Go Job Search. Are you an experienced candidate looking to take up a Adjunctive Therapist-PRN role such as with an industry leading company like Telehealth Gigs?
- Administers appropriate assessments, contributes to and participates in the development of the interdisciplinary treatment plan.
- Develops, administers and adapts programs and treatment procedures to assigned patients on the basis of assessed needs and the interdisciplinary treatment plan.
- Demonstrates effective group leadership skills in the treatment of patients.
- Demonstrates sound judgment in selecting individuals for specific groups.
- Plans and implements treatment groups that are organized, creative and therapeutic to the group members.
- Demonstrates flexibility in adapting the group (task, environment, time, location) to changing patient or staff needs.
- Demonstrates flexibility in regards to scheduling with ability to work weekends and evening hrs as needed.
- Sets and maintains appropriate limits and manages disruptive behavior according to Akron General Medical Center's policies and procedures to ensure patient safety.
- Communicates with appropriate multidisciplinary staff on a timely basis, any significant issues raised during the treatment group.
- Provides patient education.
- Instructs the patient or family in functional activities and as indicated.
- Makes necessary adaptations in teaching to facilitate patient understanding.
- Monitors and documents patient comprehension and compliance with treatment.
- Documents pertinent patient information in a concise and legible format and enters it into the medical record in a timely manner.
- Assumes responsibility for appropriate mandatory and continuing professional education.
- Demonstrates professional conduct that actively supports AGMC and Center for Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences mission statements and goals.
- Actively contributes to and supports interdisciplinary professional cohesion, physical maintenance and material management of the Center for Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences.
- Completes intake evaluation and assessments on assigned patients.
- Identifies appropriate problems/needs of patients.
- Identifies goals for patients.
- Provides or directs patient care from admission through discharge.
- Plans and attends multidisciplinary treatment team as appropriate.
- Participates in quality assurance activities to evaluate the effectiveness of patient care.
- Completes mandatory education and training in order to maintain organization and department specific competencies and requirements. Maintains applicable certification/licensure.
- Follows system and department policies and procedures with special attention to attendance and punctuality, confidentiality, dress code, display of ID badge, and safety.
- Other duties as assigned
Keywords: LPC, LPCC, PCC-S, Art therapist, group counselor
- Masters Degree in education, psychology, or related field and current registration to practice in the State of Ohio.
- Licensed as PC (PCC or PCC-S preferred).
Complexity of Work:
- Maintains competencies specific to patient population served.
- Ability to establish and maintain courteous cooperative and respectful relations with patients, staff, and others contacted in the course of work. Effective interpersonal skills. Effective verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrated responsibility, initiative, and leadership skills. Membership in professional organization preferred.
- Demonstrable clinical proficiency.
- Adequate physical and mental health in order to provide all types of treatment.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required
Apply now and a member of the team at Telehealth Gigs will get in touch with you to discuss your career options further.