Telehealth Gigs are currently seeking candidates for their open Occupational Therapist, PRN, Outpatient Neurological Specialty, Avon Lake Family Health position in Avon Lake, OH through Go Job Search. Are you an experienced candidate looking to take up a Occupational Therapist, PRN, Outpatient Neurological Specialty, Avon Lake Family Health role such as with an industry leading company like Telehealth Gigs?
Outpatient Neurological Specialty
Avon Lake Family Health
Avon Lake Family Health Center is conveniently located at 450 Avon Belden Rd in Avon Lake OH.
Newly licensed OTs with O/P Neurological clinical rotations at Cleveland Clinic Rehab and Sports Therapy are encouraged to apply!
Outpatient Neurological experience preferred as this is the primary case load at this location
Schedule Expectations: The Department is open M-TH 7am – 7pm. Friday 7am- 5pm
PRN OTs are expected to work based on department need.
Opportunity to pick up additional hours at various CC Rehabilitation and Sports Therapy locations in the western suburbs and Lorain County.
PLEASE STATE YOUR SPECIFIC BACKGROUND/INTEREST AND AVAILABILITY IN YOUR COVER LETTER
Evaluates and treats patients with physical, emotional, cognitive and/or psychosocial deficits which impact their abilities to successfully perform independent living skills.
- Assesses patient 's ability to safely and effectively perform independent living skills.
- Designs the appropriate plan of care, including type and frequency of treatment. Implements the treatment plan using appropriate modalities.
- Documents subjective and objective findings of patient progress.
- Monitors and modifies the plan of care as needed. Seeks consultation as necessary.
- Educates the patient and family/caregiver about patient deficits.
- Plans and/or assists with patient discharge from therapy services and treatment setting.
- Provides information regarding appropriate selection/use of adaptive equipment and support programs.
- Oversees the care provided by certified occupational therapy assistants and therapy technicians according to established licensing laws, state regulations and OT practice standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required. Must be a graduate of an Occupational Therapy Program accredited by the American Occupational Therapy Association.
- Current State licensure as an Occupational Therapist (OT).
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare.
Complexity of Work:
- Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment.
- Experience in the clinical area preferred.
- Ability to walk without assistive device and to maintain balance despite sudden load in order to support patient from falling.
- Ability to meet physical demands characterized at the heavy level defined by 1993 Leonard Matheson and Ministry of Labor.
- Ability to lift and reach with arms sufficiently to lift patient's arm and leg during therapeutic treatment program.
- Sensation of touch and manual dexterity to be able to palpate muscle tension or to monitor patient pulse.
- Visual acuity to observe patient's gross and fine motor movements in order to analyze these movements and to read all patient monitors.
- Ability to speak clearly enough to instruct patients and families.
- Ability to hear at a conversational level to understand patient's description of symptoms and response to treatment.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Apply now and a member of the team at Telehealth Gigs will get in touch with you to discuss your career options further.