Telehealth Gigs are currently seeking candidates for their open Physical Therapy Outpatient Telehealth Teaching Internship – Miramar Florida position in Miramar, Florida through Go Job Search. Are you an experienced candidate looking to take up a Physical Therapy Outpatient Telehealth Teaching Internship – Miramar Florida role such as with an industry leading company like Telehealth Gigs?
We are accepting applications for an Outpatient Physical Therapy and Teaching Telehealth Internship with ClinEd Telehealth. The intern selected for this position, under general supervision of a licensed physical therapist professional, will:
- Utilize telehealth a telehealth platform to provide synchronous and asynchronous physical therapy services to patients;
- Provide clinical supervision to physical therapy and physical therapist assistant students during clinical education rotations, while providing telehealth;
- Grade and provide feedback for asynchronous, educational activities of assigned students
- Provide educational and administrative support for service learning projects.
- Set up and operate telehealth audio/visual equipment necessary to provide telehealth to patients and students.
- Provide mentorship to physical therapy and physical therapist assistant students in the ClinEd Telehealth Program
The Ideal Candidate will:
- Have graduated from a CAPTE accredited PT or PTA program within the last 12 months;
- Be a licensed physical therapist or physical therapist assistant in California;
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team;
- Have proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office and Excel; have a personal laptop or tablet
- Have the ability to read, write and converse fluently in English and Spanish (preferred);
- Demonstrate satisfactory academic completion with an overall GPA of 3.0 or higher;
- Have exemplary professional soft skills; be kind and respectful; appreciate diversity in all forms.
- Hold in high regard, the APTA Core Values and Code of Ethics
This is a full-time, 16-week unpaid internship opportunity which will require the intern to be present in the outpatient clinic 2 days/week and work from home 3days/week. Clinical days are Tuesdays and Thursday and the telehealth “physical” clinic is located in Corona, CA.
Interns that successfully complete the ClinEd Telehealth Internship Program will be considered for future employment opportunities with the organization, as they arise. Internship graduates will also receive a discounted rate on New Graduate Residency Programs that are affiliated ClinEd Telehealth. Graduates that complete the Internship and New Grad Residency Program will earn valuable experience in becoming a telehealth physical therapist and clinical instructor. Sponsorship/partial stipend to become an APTA Certified Clinical Instructor after 1- year of practice will be provided by ClinEd Telehealth.
ClinEd Telehealth strives to revolutionize the clinical education experience by aligning student learning experience with 21st century, healthcare practice. When academic programs adopt an integrated and experiential approach to clinical education using telehealth learning technologies, students learn in ways that are more closely aligned with and reflect contemporary practice in the nursing and allied health fields. Our educational model diversifies clinical education into four categories: Synchronous Telehealth, Asynchronous Telehealth, in-clinic training (traditional, hands-on patient care), and service learning (using the learned skills relevant to your course of study, to provide community service.)
We recognize that the healthcare and education industries must adapt to the ever-changing world in which we live. With clarity, we acknowledge that the Covid-19 had a significant impact on student placement and prior to the Pandemic, our clinical education pathways were over-stressed. As we move forward during these unprecedented times, we must do so with foresight. It is likely site coordinators and clinical instructors will be unable to provide equal educational access and availability to all students in a timely manner. As such, our goal is to help decompress these systems now by providing an alternative pathway for clinical education completion; keeping students, programs, and institutions on-track and on-time, with their outcomes and goals.
Our overarching mission is to be a change agent in healthcare and education by making both accessible and affordable to all. The patients we serve either have no insurance, have exhausted their insurance benefits or have insurance but simply cannot afford the co-payments and deductibles of their plans. Our model is designed to meet the needs of both students and patients, providing a “win-win” situation for everyone. Students are able to fulfill their clinical educational hours, allowing them to graduate on-time and obtain professional licensure, while patients receive the necessary, high-quality care that they need but simply cannot afford or do not have.
The time has come to re-imagine how we approach clinical education and meeting the needs of underserved populations within our community, country and world. Out of necessity and especially during these unprecedented times, we must have the courage to act; taking the utmost responsibility to uphold each professions core values and standards of care. ClinEd Telehealth is proud to bring forward this groundbreaking solution for healthcare scholars and for those that are in need of high-quality, healthcare.
Apply now and a member of the team at Telehealth Gigs will get in touch with you to discuss your career options further.