Telehealth Gigs are currently seeking candidates for their open Registered Respiratory Therapist Float Pool position in Irving, TX through Go Job Search. Are you an experienced candidate looking to take up a Registered Respiratory Therapist Float Pool role such as with an industry leading company like Telehealth Gigs?
SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT)
Medical City Healthcare – Division Float Pool
Alliance, Arlington, Fort Worth, Las Colinas, North Hills, Weatherford
Status: Full Time Nights
$15,000 sign on bonus and $5,000 relocation assistance available for new hires
6 (12 hour) shifts per pay period
4 weekend shifts per 4-week aschedule period
2 major & 2 minor holiday
**Base Rate $42/hr**
The Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) coordinates and delivers high quality, patient-centered respiratory care in accordance with the nature and specific requirements of the department, and consistent with the scope and standards of practice for the relevant state and specialty. The RRT administers respiratory care and life support to adult, pediatric and neonatal patients with deficiencies and abnormalities of the cardiopulmonary system and performs diagnostic tests to aid physicians in the diagnosis and treatment of heart and lung disorders.
- Serves as a clinical resource. Provides or assists in direct care when appropriate to complex patients. Consults with physicians and other healthcare providers to communicate patient progress.
- Performs and documents patient assessment, including breath sounds, airway patency, and cuff pressure. Conducts diagnostic procedures to evaluate the need for, and response to, respiratory therapy.
- Assists with placement of artificial airways. Initiates, monitors, and maintains mechanical ventilation.
- Administers respiratory care therapies, including oxygen delivery, aerosol medication delivery, and chest physiotherapy.
- Monitors patient for therapeutic response. Notifies provider and intervenes as appropriate in the event of an unintended response.
- Documents the administration of care in the patient medical record.
- Assists with transportation of ventilator-dependent patients.
- Responds to emergent patient situations and ensures airway integrity and adequate ventilation during resuscitation as required.
- Assists with deliveries as requested for neonatal resuscitation and/or stabilization.
- Instructs patient and family members in proper methods of respiratory therapy.
- Cleans and maintains respiratory equipment, and helps maintain department stock.
- Attends staff meetings, in-services, facility town hall meetings.
- Timely completion of all assigned educational assignments.
- Practices and adheres to the “Code of Conduct” and “Mission and Value Statement.”
- Performs all technical skills with efficiency, accuracy and safety while anticipating, troubleshooting, intervening, and managing crisis/emergency situations according to policy and procedure.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Willing to float between designated facilities in the West POD as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- Associate’s Degree in Respiratory Therapy – Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Respiratory Therapy – Preferred
- 2+ years recent clinical experience in an acute care hospital – Required
- Currently licensed as a registered respiratory therapist in the state(s) of practice, in accordance with law and regulation.
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
*Where applicable, instructor card accepted in place of student credential
At Medical City, you have options. You can choose from a variety of benefits to create a plan just for you. You can enroll in several different medical plans, if eligible, which includes vision and dental. You can even select additional à la carte benefits to meet all your needs. Enroll in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401k (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service), flex spending accounts for medial and childcare needs, participate in our tuition reimbursement/assistance and student loan repayment programs, paid personal leave, identity theft protection discounts; auto, home, and life insurance options, and adoption assistance.
Medical City Healthcare is one of the region’s largest, most comprehensive health care providers and includes 14 hospitals, 7 off-campus emergency rooms, more than 50 ambulatory sites, more than 7,000 active physicians and 15,000 employees in the Dallas-Fort Worth area.
As part of HCA (NYSE: HCA), we lead the industry in putting patients first. Our physicians, staff and hospital leaders are committed to offering patients and their families hope and healing through quality care and advanced technology. To that end, we work every day to ensure an environment where our physicians provide strength, expertise and experience, and our partners are entrusted to act with absolute integrity.
Medical City Healthcare is committed to providing excellent care that is convenient and accessible. Our focus on patient safety and quality is grounded in evidence-based medicine and is delivering better outcomes for our patients every day. As part of our continuous quality improvements, Medical City Healthcare benchmarks our rankings in emergency department wait times, door-to-balloon times and key service line indicators as reported by CMS.
Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications immediately. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted promptly for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply now and a member of the team at Telehealth Gigs will get in touch with you to discuss your career options further.