Telehealth Gigs are currently seeking candidates for their open Recreational Therapist position in West Palm Beach, FL through Go Job Search. Are you an experienced candidate looking to take up a Recreational Therapist role such as with an industry leading company like Telehealth Gigs?
Here at NeuroBehavioral Hospitals, everything that we do is about taking care of people – our patients, our staff and our partners. We are committed to making a difference by providing hope and healing to vulnerable patients in challenging clinical environments. Our talented, compassionate team thrives in an autonomous environment, is empowered and supported by education, training and the resources to practice healthcare the way it is meant to be and strives to “Always Do The Right Thing!”
About this role:
Our Recreational Therapist position develops, organizes, and implements therapeutic recreation groups and activities that address the needs of persons with mental illness. The Therapeutic Recreation Specialist is also responsible for an array of daily interventions including groups, individual activities, crisis intervention, behavioral programming and auxiliary support activities for patients. This position documents objective-driven contact notes that generate monthly progress notes. Curriculum and resource development are also key facets of the job. Finally, the Therapeutic Recreation Specialist works in conjunction with the interdisciplinary treatment teams to achieve measurable objectives specified in the Recovery Plan.
What you bring to the table:
Education for Recreation Specialist:
- Bachelor degree required in therapeutic recreation or recreation with an option in therapeutic recreation
Experience for Recreation Specialist:
- Prefer some experience
Licenses/Certifications for Recreation Specialist:
- Certification by the National Council for Therapeutic Recreation or is eligible for certification as a recreation specialist or as an activities professional
What you will do:
- Plans and conducts daily recreation and recovery groups, manages group process/dynamics so as to maximize patient participation and positive objective outcomes. Implements individualized activity plans and MHT mentoring. Maintains creative, stimulating groups and room environment.
- Assesses and reassesses patient strengths and needs and achievement of goals and objectives on the treatment plan.
- Completes therapeutic activities assessment and supervises other staff who completes therapeutic activity assessment and services.
- Performs timely, complete, accurate, and legible documentation of services provided that is consistent with professional standards, facility procedures, and department requirements.
- Is knowledgeable about care and treatment needs of patients of different ages. Provides individualized care and treatment that is consistent with/sensitivity to the age and life span developmental needs of each patient.
- Completes yearly training.
- Is honest, consistent, fair, positive, nurturing in daily interactions. Demonstrates values and philosophy of Role Recovery approach. Demonstrates advocacy for patients. Handles crisis behavior by identifying antecedents, verbal de-escalation and CPI implementation. Effective therapeutic communication- verbal, para-verbal, non-verbal.
- Takes initiative to make cooperative efforts with colleagues and other facility staff to meet needs of patients.
- Manages time effectively including completion of assigned auxiliary support services and department task assignments.
- Is sensitive to cultural diversity issues, treats patients as an individual, and considers the culture of the patients when providing care and treatment. Completes yearly training.
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of instructions and apply knowledge to different factual situations.
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to details.
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous basis.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Neurobehavioral Hospitals (Wellpath) is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer
Due to CMS mandate QSO 22-07-All, all Neurobehavioral Hospital of the Palm Beaches employees are required to obtain Covid-19 vaccination status.
Our investment in you:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance plan options
- Time off & leave benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental benefits
- Perks and discounts
- And more available here https://wellpathcareers.com/
Apply now and a member of the team at Telehealth Gigs will get in touch with you to discuss your career options further.