Coast Personnel are currently seeking candidates for their open Injection Mold Technician position in Madison, AL through Go Job Search. Are you an experienced candidate looking to take up a Injection Mold Technician role such as with an industry leading company like Coast Personnel?
Responsible for the setup, start up, diagnosis and trouble shooting of the injection molding presses, all auxiliary equipment and all secondary production equipment. Ensure all machines run at optimum cycles. Document cycles, changes that are made or anything that may be pertinent to aid in future set ups.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Setup and startup molding machines to produce a quality product that meets all customer and plant production cycle requirements.
- Process machines after mold changes.
- Help to properly install, monitor, cleaning and remove auxiliary equipment to injection molding machines as needed by production scheduling or Process Engineering.
- Diagnose production problems and make proper adjustments. Following up to ensure that desired results are obtained.
- Produce a high-volume of high-quality injected parts, in a production setting.
- Making sure all machine work areas are properly maintained according to the specific 5S requirements.
- Assist other shifts to cover for vacations and/or absenteeism when needed.
- Effectively communicate daily machine concerns or issues with the other shifts and required management personnel during shift change.
- Communicate any repair or malfunction of equipment or tooling to the proper support department
- Responsible for monitoring, tracking, and reporting all machine data as required.
- Provide a Customer Service attitude when interacting with internal and external customers while accomplishing work, production and achieving quality standards.
- Participate in continuous process improvement efforts to reduce scrape, cycle times, improve efficiency and eliminate waste within the production environment.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Candidate must possess a high school diploma or GED equivalent with the ability to read write and communicate in English to comprehend and follow written procedures, container labels and safety precautions.
- Minimum of 1- 3 years of set up experience.
- Good knowledge of plastics and operation of injection molding machines.
- Good problem solving and trouble shooting ability.
- Knowledge of electricity, hydraulics and pneumatics.
- Must be a team player.
- Willingness to work overtime as needed.
- Computer Skills
Strong computer skills Internet software, Microsoft Office Excel, and Word
Physical Effort and Requirements of this Position
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to regularly walk. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Intellectual Activities and Requirements of this Position
Ability to read and interpret documents such as; safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organizations.
The ability to understand and use the appropriate trade calculation formulas and apply fundamentals of mechanics, material strengths, power, torque, and ratios as apply to the content of essential responsibilities.
Show ability to apply technical knowledge and common sense to troubleshoot problem areas. Ability to quickly assess breakdowns, emergency situations, and direct the appropriate resources to resolve in a safe and timely manner. Review and assess and communicate suggestions for improvements.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to rick of electrical shock. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Apply now and a member of the team at Coast Personnel will get in touch with you to discuss your career options further.