Everest Recruiting are currently seeking candidates for their open Sr Apparel Designer position in Irvine, CA through Go Job Search. Are you an experienced candidate looking to take up a Sr Apparel Designer role such as with an industry leading company like Everest Recruiting?
Sr. Apparel Designer
Everest Recruiting Solutions is a full-service recruiting firm and has been successfully assisting candidates with their career search for over 20 years. Our customer is seeking a Senior Designer that will collaborate with the cross-functional development team to bring innovative ideas to life. The ideal candidate will use design software, prototyping skills, factory knowledge, and hands-on experience to design, refine, and expand our line assortment. The candidate is expected to be an innovative, proven designer who can ideate, innovate and manage the design process of complex product systems through collaboration in a fast-paced environment. A successful Senior designer will be passionate, fashion-forward, and possess great technical/design acumen. Ideal candidates should be deadline-driven, have a keen eye for detail, and demonstrate sound knowledge of industry-related software & 3D capabilities.
Essential Duties and responsibilities:
- Work with the design leadership to implement new fabric, design language and product direction in both boys and Men’s/Men’s lounge apparel
- Lead, manage, and drive multiple design projects from conceptualization to finished product, adhering to calendar deadlines.
- Thrive in an environment with ambiguity and changes in priorities.
- Clearly communicate complex design topics to diverse audiences and at all levels within the organization.
- Think both analytically and creatively with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Research new materials, manufacturing technologies, and design methodologies.
- Self-Manage own creative process and execute towards given design languages within the category.
- Apply market research, trend insight, and knowledge to interpret business briefs.
- Actively creates and presents new innovative concepts.
- Informs and gives context to merchandiser & artists, to achieve the finishes desired.
- Provide clear and concise project-related information to the product development team and company leadership.
- Create flat sketches based on existing bodies as well as tech packs and revision notes using Adobe Illustrator/3D Browzwear. (Apparel).
- Detail-oriented & highly organized. Ability to wear multiple hats, multitask and prioritize work on a continual basis. Must be a self-starter with strong initiative and hard work ethic.
What you need:
- 4-6 years minimum experience
- Experience in printable product development and previous production experience preferred.
- Knowledge of garment construction and design
- Knowledge of apparel construction and can provide solution-based remedies when faced with stringent deadlines and unforeseeable obstacles that may hinder production
- Must have clear and concise verbal and written communication abilities, over the phone, email and in person.
- Excellent organization and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must have experience in Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, and MS Excel
Apply now and a member of the team at Everest Recruiting will get in touch with you to discuss your career options further.