Everest Recruiting are currently seeking candidates for their open Technical Designer position in San Diego, CA through Go Job Search. Are you an experienced candidate looking to take up a Technical Designer role such as with an industry leading company like Everest Recruiting?
Everest Recruiting Solutions is a full-service recruiting firm and has been successfully assisting candidates with their career search for over 20 years. Our customer is seeking a Technical Designer to prepare samples for fitting and to provide organizational and administrative support to the team. This role needs 4+ years’ experience in Technical Design. Competitive Salary Range – $70k
What your typical workday looks like:
- The Technical Designer will be responsible for measuring all incoming PL protos, size runs, and T.O.P.’s and comparing to the required specifications.
- The Technical Designer will be responsible for initiating and updating Tech Packs with colors, sizes, technical sketches and BOM’s. Responsible for updating status of all development styles within the current data management system and editing additional information as directed.
- Technical Designer organization responsibilities will include building techpacks, prototype, size run and T.O.P. management as well as storage area organization.
- Update team with sample status, sketch new silhouettes for immediate projects.
- The Technical Designer will be responsible for communications, both internally and externally.
- Facilitate sampling process of apparel styles from design concept; first prototype to a final, production-ready sample offering solutions to correct fit and construction details for challenging styles when needed.
- Identify and alert design and production teams of potential production, quality and costing issues and make recommendations to ensure brand integrity is maintained.
- 3D Construct garments in 3D, Color and place graphics for Retailers. (Browzwear)
Working Conditions This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What you need:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related education and job experience
- A consistent and demonstrated desire to grow in the area of Technical Design
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment. The ability to manage multiple tasks, effectively prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Exceptional knowledge and eye for fit, garment construction, and finishing.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills required.
- Is accountable for results, approaches obstacles proactively and looks for ways to resolve problems and issues.
- Strong communication skills including written, speaking, listening, and eliciting feedback as well as providing honest, direct, immediate feedback
- Ability to foster, work in, and protect a team environment
- Holds self-accountable for outcomes and behaviors
- Must have strong Microsoft Office computer skills, including Outlook, Word and Excel,
- Knowledge of Flex PLM, Illustrator and Photoshop a plus!
- Browzwear experience needed.
- Passionate team player with a great, positive and can-do attitude and the desire to build a great company ensuring the creative work is high quality and aligned with the brand and target customer
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the Vice President of People and culture/Human Resources job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Apply now! We can do the initial interview and discuss this opportunity with you remotely!
Apply now and a member of the team at Everest Recruiting will get in touch with you to discuss your career options further.