Everest Recruiting are currently seeking candidates for their open Construction Accounting Manager position in Ocoee, FL through Go Job Search. Are you an experienced candidate looking to take up a Construction Accounting Manager role such as with an industry leading company like Everest Recruiting?
Everest Recruiting is a full-service recruiting firm, and has been successfully assisting candidates with their career search. Our customer is seeking qualified candidates to fill their Accounting Manager position. In this role you are responsible for establishing and managing the Accounting Department. Specific focus will be the development and implementation of processes and controls in RedTeam to gather, analyze, verify and report financial information to ensure the compliance of U.S. General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). The Accounting Manager will be responsible for all accounting function including the examining, maintaining financial records lead and develop various ad-hoc reports and processes.
The Accounting Manager will report to the President and Vice President and have extensive interaction with internal departments, stakeholder and external auditors. The Accounting Manager will spend a substantial amount of time training personnel, managing Accounting Information System (AIS) RedTeam and financial reporting system (QBO) with special emphasis on monthly and year-end provisions, compliance, forecasting, planning and research.
What your typical workday looks like:
- Manage day-to-day accounting activities to ensure compliance and oversee companywide financial transactions
- Develop Accounting Policies and Procedures, EOM close process and audit plan
- Provide leadership, guidance and training to various departments managing information systems, budget and to
- ensure financial transaction are properly allocated per U.S. GAAP
- Manage and improve accounting processes and workpapers, including the use of technology tools to help
- automate workflows
- Lead and coordinate internal / external audit requests.
- Interpret the U.S. GAAP and research the implications to maintain internal controls and accuracy
- Develop a Risk Matrix to establish security access levels for information systems
- Manage Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable by overseeing staff for the proper treatment of transactions
- Work with all staff to ensure compliance of accounting procedures, reviewing and analyzing job cost estimates
- and reports monthly
- Collaborate with partners, external auditors, creditors, regulators, sureties and provide reports as necessary
- Prepare special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
- Reconcile financial data on financial statements
- Plan, direct, and execute various ad-hoc projects
- Perform research and prepare/review technical memorandums
- Prepare and monitor of monthly, quarterly and year-end financial, WIP and budget reports to stakeholders
Competencies, Behaviors & Attributes
- Business Acumen
- Customer Focus
- Developing Direct Reports and Others
- Drive for Results
- Priority Setting
- Report to Senior Leadership daily and adhere to schedule
- Ability to oversee direct reports daily and provide guidance as needed
- Ability to have face to face conversations with customers, co-workers and senior level manager
- Comply with company policies and procedure
What you need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5+ years of full cycle accounting experience within the construction industry or similar industry
- Experience with U.S. GAAP
- Managerial or Supervisory experience (5+ years).
- Experience in the construction industry or similar industries
- Experience with multiple simultaneous project costing and tracking
- Strong computer skills: RedTeam, QuickBooks Online or similar information system experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet rigorous deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude
- Eligible to obtain CPA, CMA, CIA
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position up to 75% of the time
- The ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
Salary range $50-60K. Contact us for immediate consideration!
Apply now and a member of the team at Everest Recruiting will get in touch with you to discuss your career options further.