Everest Recruiting are currently seeking candidates for their open Senior Manager Finance | SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting position in San Jose, CA through Go Job Search. Are you an experienced candidate looking to take up a Senior Manager Finance | SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting role such as with an industry leading company like Everest Recruiting?
Senior Manager Finance | SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting
San Jose, CA
This position is responsible for technical accounting and SEC reporting including the coordination, preparation and filing of Forms 10-Q and 10-K. This position is also responsible for oversight of the consolidation, general ledger and accounts payable functions and assistance with the company’s SOX compliance process. This position reports to the Corporate Controller and currently supervises three direct reports.
What your typical workday looks like:
- Have ownership and accountability for all processes related to technical accounting, SEC reporting, month-end close and consolidation, general accounting activities, accounts payable, fixed assets, and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Evaluate and continually improve accounting procedures, processes and systems to ensure standardized worldwide close process and efficient operations.
- Lead the preparation of quarterly, annual, and periodic SEC filings using Merrill Bridge, including footnote preparation and review of XBRL tagging
- Ensure accurate presentation of financial statements and disclosures in accordance with US GAAP and SEC rules
- Perform technical accounting research, research new pronouncements and implement new processes and procedures to ensure compliance with new standards
- Continuously work to enhance and streamline reporting processes and controls
- Assist management to ensure the reporting requirements related to the Sarbanes-Oxley Act continue to be met
- Support internal and external audits and regulatory examinations
- Assist investor relations with the preparation of the quarterly earnings release and related documents
- Assist with or be responsible for other duties and ad hoc projects as assigned
What you need:
- BS Degree, Finance or Accounting, CPA Required
- 12 years’ relevant experience in similar roles
- Seven to ten years experience in a corporate headquarters accounting organization, preferably in a high technology manufacturing environment
- Minimum of 5 years direct experience with SEC reporting, including the development of footnote disclosures & MD&A
- 4+ years of public accounting experience in a Big 4 environment
- Strong problem-solving skills with the initiative to research and resolve issues independently
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy
- Experience with Merrill Bridge and Oracle ERP preferred
Apply now and a member of the team at Everest Recruiting will get in touch with you to discuss your career options further.